Saturday, May 21, 2011

what a few days... Adventures galore.

I have decided it's extremely hard to blog whilst on the road. I am no longer with Daniel and he has our computer. ha! Basically it's been a legit few days. My knee still isn't doing too great but i will get to that in a bit. A few nights ago i went on this adventure in Corvallis called the Mystery Ride Tour... it has nothing on the tour de fun (boro folowers... you know what's up). It is about a 7 mile bike ride thru the city of Corvallis where people deck their bikes in glow sticks and all that. It was a really god time. the only real bummer to the ride was that at one point there was about a 50 ft climb at a 2% grade... aka easy. Well my knee said no sir to that. which was super frustrating cause it had been doing soo soo well. I am not goingn to do anything on it for a while for sure. I am giving it it's precious lil time to rest. The Mystery ride was a good time for sure. It was pretty much our last hoo rah in Corvallis. I was pretty bummed to say bye to my friends there, but i think a couple of them are going to come to tennessee and i am going to try and go up there to Snowboard this winter. Keeping my fingers crossed for sure.

Also i had been loking for a place to stay in Sacramento, Ca for few days now and i had been quite unsuccessful... i decided to resort to couch surfing which turned out to work. I also didn't end up having to buy a train ticket fromm Oregon to Cali.My friend Ben Towne was heading to just north or Sacramento and he and i decided it was most economical to car pool. it was and it was a blast. we woke up this morning at 430 and got on the road. Man what a journey. 9 hours later we are on S Street in Sac town... and he was off to work at Woodleaf Young Life Camp all summer. What a stand up guy for sure. Real Pepsi, tons of pictures, and to top it off we agree on almost all music which isn't very common. But ya we get to Sac town and he just drops me off at this house where i didn't know the people but they have turned out to be super rad and i am staying here tonight and they are taking me to the train station in the morning. fun right?

This trip has been quite the adventure. My knee still hates me and an athletic trainer says he thinks it looks like something patellar syndrome or something like that... which isn't good but i have some time to rest it. Which i am going to do just that. I am going to attempt to ride out of Denver no matter what knee hurting or not. I figure since my sister lives there if i can't go further than 200 miles away then she can come get me. Who knows. I board a train in the morning around 1130 which wil be fun. i have never ridden a train before. They are packing my bike up in the morningto board as well. I am hoping to be able to blog a bit more once i get to Denver. We will see. Also though if you would like to keep me company at some point tomorrow or monday, i will be on the train for about 31 hours... my headphones broke and ya i will need company for sure. Love you guys so much.

Know that i am bummed i am not on my bike but i am completely ok where i am currently. Life has a way of taking you on the adventure it has for you rather than the one you planned. I have met some amazing people, seen amazing things, and i am only on week two of this trip. I am out here for at least a couple more weeks. Call or text me anytime. Check my facebook for pictures, as well as my flickr account (link at the top of my blog). Follow me on twitter as well. @Fletcher_knox

1 comment:

  1. you're a champ! hang in there. i'm excited you found a great couch surfing host. that's gotten me out of some bad situations before, too. that mystery ride sounds AMAZING. would love to ride it some day.

    ReplyDelete