Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Days 4, 5, & 6.. and today. --- Kinda boring, kinda good.

As you can see my last blog was a few days ago and it consisted of me spending a morning at the doctor and me not getting to ride. I don't know if a lot has happened really since then but a whole bunch has at the same time. I should probably write everyday to help me remember things going on but i mean i don't have a computer. i just have to use one of the guys that i have met. haha. These people up here are really nice though.

Day 4, I mean Daniel left on day four. Me sitting at the house. I honestly was pretty bummed while he was getting ready and all that. Why wouldn't i be? I had put so much into this trip. He is meeting me in Denver, Co in 3 weeks. which should give my knee enough time to heal. I am keeping my fingers crossed. It's not up to me. i am taking care of it like i am supposed to so ya as far as i know i can ride in about a week and a half. I had a bunch of alone time that day though.

I was really sad and pissed and everything that day. As i sat down at a local coffe shop though i really started to think about why i came out here and what i am doing. What i kept asking myself was what good am i if i am constantly pissed that i am not going on my way with DKAL. As i sit there though a girl sits beside me and just starts talking. We go on to talk for a good hour or so. Then as i am leaving the coffee shop the girl at the counter stops and talks to me for like 20 minutes as well. We talked about life, God, music, and really just everything. I have decided that either way if i am on my bike or not i am out here for a reason just gotta make the best of it.

Day 5, honestly this was a really boring day but it's whatever. I hung out with the fellas of HQ, did nothing, and then a bunch of people got together and hung out. This night was probably the most i have missed home since leaving. minus being on the plane heading this way. People all came over, listened to music on the TV, had a hookah going, and just overall a really chill feel. It just reminded me of home so much. It was a tough night for me to have fun. I tried though. It's just harder sometimes that others.

Day 6, Yet another day of pretty much nothing. I have gone to a coffee shop almost every day here. it's been nice. I enjoy it. The coffee out here is nuts good. Like for reals... east coast doesn't have anything on that west coast cuppa joe. This day i went to a coffee shop with my friend Tristan. He is a hella cool dude. We honestly sat there for an hour. Mostly because i was eating and if you know me i eat forever. ha. But that's about it for yesterday. I went to dinner with my aunt and had Top 5 Pizza i hav ever had. It was called Woodstocks. So good. Also we watched all three matrix movies today. that was a great time. Although i think the only one worth anything is obviously the first one.

Today, i woke up and had some leftover lasagna from a couple nights ago and let's be honestly... it's always better a couple days old. Ha. Then i haven't done much of anything. I found out that a good friend of mine is going to be heading down to California from Washington and he and i are gonna road trip to sacramento... should be a good time. I don't have anything to do there but i will prolly get into something. i never know. I have nowhere to stay and i can't really do much about it... adventure here i come. I have never been to california... so that will be fun! As for meeting up with daniel, i have a train ticket for sunday and i will get to denver on monday... i am going to meet him there in a couple weeks.

Thanks to everyone who has been encouraging me. It's been a tough week. My knee is still hurting and i want it to get better but it's not on my timing and i realize that. All i can do is take care of it and live where i am. So for now i am making the best of my stay in Corvallis, Or.

Also random fact about oregon... all they drink is coffee and beer... they even have espresso beer... weird right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment