Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beards are tough...

I am still somewhat bummed that i did use a Miley reference in my lasts blog's title. Oh well different day different blog, right? It's been a few days sincei  have posted anything and honestly cause not much happens when you are off your bike and sitting at yoru sisters house on the reg. I enjoy it though. It's been nice to hangout with her i just haven't gotten to do much, minus work at that bike shop a couple days and then run errands with my sister and her fiance Mike. Been a lot of fun but i am getting a bit bored.

One thing i have done the past few days is i got to see an old friend. My friend Anne and i did a summer program about 3 years ago and we haven't seen each other in 2 years. It was cool for sure. She is from Colorado Springs, Co and her boyfriend and her were driving thru where i am staying here in Denver the other day so we got to have lunch and hangout for a couple hours. It was great to get out of the house and catch up. I needed a break from sitting here and watching TV very much so.

The title of my blog is "Good News for People who Like Good News", i guess you are probably wondering where the good news is right? Well  i talked to Daniel the other night and he was in Rawlins, WY. He was 2.5 days away from Denver. I tell you this because that means i am going to be back on the road by Sunday for sure and maybe sooner. Also if we average 65 miles a day we realized we can finish the trip 2 weeks early, which would be so rad. I am a bit nevous about my knee though for sure. I rode yesterday. I did a six mile maximum output ride. It wasn't too bad honestly, but it was only 2 miles downhill and a 4 mile climb. I averaged about 13.1-13.5mph. The thing that worries me is that i can still feel my knee. I can feel right where it was hurt a few weeks ago, the only time i can feel it is on climbs though. My theory with this is that leaving my sisters place and Denver i am not really going to have many climbs. It's basically downhill from here to Denver then really downhill to Kansas. I am gonna push myself on this one cause i have dnoe what the doctor told me to do (even though he was a moron. What kind of doctor won't give you a rec. to an orthopedist when he can't tell you why your knee is getting inflamed?).

I have been doing well. I have been living here in Denver/Lakewood at my sister's place. It's gorgeous here but i am ready to go. If my knee doesn't work out then i don't know what i am going to do. I am gonna stay positive though. I think that i will be ok for the most part. Ibuprofen and ICE will be my new best friends. Throw in a lil icy hot and i will be golden for sure. I still have some really rough days, but i think that is to be expected. A few old friends who i haven't talked to in forever have been texting and calling me out of nowhere and just been really encouraging. It's been nice. Unexpected calls and texts are so rad. Especially from people who you haven't talked to in forever. I fell off the map this semester to a lot of people with being busy and the encouragement i am getting from those people is nuts. Thanks to everyone who is still following me even though i am not on my bike. It means the world to me and honestly it gets me thru the rough days.

Daniel should be here tomorrow. So ya, hopefully i will only have one more blog NOT on my bike. If all else fails and i can't make it all the to South Caronlina, my goal is to go to Joplin, MO and work there for a couple weeks with Tornado Relief. I never expected this trip to go how it has but honestly i wouldn't have it any other way. I am sad i am not on my bike (it's my escape, it's my "me" time, and it's just a time to be free), but i know that this is a journey i will never forget. Hardest thing i have ever done: emotionally, physically, and mentally. At the same time it is the most amazing thing i have ever done and if i could go back and change anything, i wouldn't.

I miss home, i miss my friends there more than they will ever know, but i will be home soon. I am goign to live where i am. The other day i was listening to my iPod and John Mayer's song "Stop this Train" came on and it made me super sad but then it made me realize i can't be sad about being out here.

(The part that bummed me out)
Stop this train, I wanna get off and go home again.
I can't take the speed it's moving in.
I know i can't, but honestly won't someone stop this train.

(this made me think about being a "grown up" when i get home)
So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young.
So i play the numbers game to find a way to say that life has just begun.

(This made me just realize i am where i am. live for today)
Don't stop this train, don't for a minute change the place you're in.
I don't think i can ever understand
we'll never stop this train.

I am here and living for each moment i am in. Love each of you and hope to hear from you all!
p.s. My beard is getting burly.

No comments:

Post a Comment