Sunday, January 9, 2011

Training? You talkin' bout training?

Training... (insert a long drawn out sigh) It's been in the back of my mind quite a bit. I have to start training for my rugby season in a week (aka 2 practices a week for the next 3 months), then i have 4 days of weights/conditioning a week,  and on top of that i have 6 PE classes this semester. I have been mentally preparing myself for a very strenuous semester of training a whole lot and i just am not sure how i am going to get it all done. It will get done, it's just gonna be really tough. Hopefully i have some friends who will put in gym hours with me. Honestly though i am just gonna be eating all the time and training everyday, it won't be cycling training everyday, but i will still get fitness, flexibility, muscle building, and core training done, just not saddle time everyday. I am shooting for at least 4-5 days a week at least 2 hrs on the bike. I am banking that i can put in 50 miles a day 3 days a week and have a slow day of saddle time 1 or 2 days a week. Which saddle time probably won't start till i get my new bike mid-February or early March... hope that's enough time to get all my training in.

Here's the deal though. i will need all the motivation i can get from anyone reading this. Send me emails, texts, calls, wall posts, comments, or tweets. I am gonna train my butt off for this trip and i couldn't be more excited. This adventure is going to be one of the hardest things i have ever done in my life and i wouldn't have it any other way. So thanks again to whomever is reading this and please tell everyone you know about it.

Here's a lil map of the route. it's not exact cause i just did it with a paint brush in photoshop but you'll get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment