Friday, January 14, 2011

Coffee & Bike Shops

I stumbled on a great bike shop in Knoxville, TN called, Fountain City Pedaler. It's run by a guy named Luke who knows his stuff. Go check em out. People had mentioned the shop to me but i could never find it... One day i did though and went in with nothing particular in mind. I heard they carried Jamis bikes (which they no longer carry) and that was something i hadn't seen. So i was gonna go look. I get there and just ask about Jamis and Luke was like ya we don't carry them anymore. He and i talked about my trip for a bit. I just kinda told him about what i was wanting to do, how long it would take, and who i was doing it with. He was super helpful.

Luke mentioned a bike that wasn't out yet from a totally different company, MARIN Bikes, and i fell in love with it. It has absolutely everything i would want in a touring bike, no compromise, plus to top it all off Marin is an amazingly ran company. The original owner still owns and runs the company. Read about them and support them. You can check out their story here. I think companies like this deserve our support. I am more than excited about the arrival of my new bike, keep your fingers crossed it comes out in time for me to train on it. It's incredible though for sure. They seem to pay so much attention to what a rider would ever want and then add a lil' bit more. I'm stoked.

Overall the past few days i have been laying quite low key though. I move back to Murfreesboro, TN on Sunday to head back to school. Technically i had class yesterday but my teachers didn't care if i missed... so i stayed home. 

116 days till i am in Oregon. 117 days till i am on the road! 

While blogging i have listened to Kayne West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Secret and City and Colour's Live at the Orange.  

No comments:

Post a Comment