Friday, January 7, 2011

Cycling Across America.

I haven't ever really blogged and don't know what it is supposed to look like but this is my best shot. I am hoping that progressively these blogs will become more and more interesting and capture the attention of people who i might never even meet face to face.

As I sit here in a coffee shop, keep in mind that i have been here everyday for the past week for at least 4 hours everyday, looking online at maps, parts, and equipment for this cross-country cycling trip i am embarking on in May of this year. I have been planning pretty consistently for the past month. I have been on break from college for Christmas, which i am overly thankful for the break. I graduate this year on May 7th and i am flying to Oregon on May 10th getting my bike put back together on the 11th and hitting the road in Otis, Oregon toward Folly Beach, South Carolina. This trip is going to take somewhere around 55 days and it is 3311 miles... ish.

I am embarking on this journey with a fellow named Daniel. If you all haven't had the pleasure of meeting him you should check out his blog at http://dkalbikesamerica.blogspot.com/    He's a great dude. We met at a Young Life Camp working in the kitchen and threw around the idea and it has come to fruition.

I will be posting on here almost hopefully daily as i learn more and more about this trip and get more and more prepared for it. Please give me any feedback that you have and any info you have that could help me on this adventure. Places to stay, people to meet, places to visit, and anything else you wanna let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment